Monday, August 12, 2013

Honeywood 100 Mile Salad


Hoenywood 100 Mile Salad
I love summer and being able to go out to the garden to pick vegetables.  This summer has been less than stellar, colder than usual, too much rain, and everything is very late.   I am only now able to pick a very few cherry tomatoes. Currently, I am picking lettuce, cherry tomatoes, zucchini, garlic, peas, swiss chard, kale, and scallions and shallots.    OK the olives are a stretch, but I did get them from the 100 Mile Store in Cremore.   

I use Kozlik's Mustard made in Toronto, with Ontario mustard seeds.  I have written about their incredible selection of mustards a in the past, my favourite being the Double C, but I  also love Amazing Maple and the Fig and Balsamic Mustard.  For oil I use the organic, virgin soy oil, which has  a very nutty taste, also from Ontario.  

salad
  • mixed lettuce greens, from my garden
  • zucchini, from my garden
  • hard boiled eggs, from my neighbour
  • cherry tomatoes, from my garden
  • smoked rainbow trout, Georgian Bay
  • peas from my garden 
  • boiled new potatoes, from my garden
  • olives, from the 100 Mile Store in Creemore

dressing

  • mustard
  • virgin soy oil
  • apple cider vinegar
  • finely chopped garlic
  • salt  and pepper to taste
Don't think we need directions for this one. 






No comments:

Post a Comment